Re: Gtk_CTree : Help please

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Florent. Devin wrote:

> Vlad Harchev a écrit :
> >
> > On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Florent. Devin wrote:
> >[...]
> This is a good way to do what I want and it feet great. I try it, I run
> it,
> I like it... Thanks
> But with this method, I can not still handle signal for different
> gtk_ctree_node ? If I can not handle signal, I can not do drag and drop
> from
> another widget to a particular node.

  If you mean that you want to be able to drag something from other widget
(other ctree for example) to given ctree - yes, seems some tricky things will
be required to do this. Look at testdnd.c supplied in gtk sources. You will
have to do just the same (using "drag_drop" and "drag-data-received"), and in
handler for "drag-data-received" you will have to compute the row number of
the target it using

  int row, column;
  gtk_clist_get_selection_info(GTK_CLIST(root_ctree),x,y,&row,&column);
 After that you can (I guess) get the target CTreeNode using
  gtk_ctree_node_nth(GTK_CTREE(root_ctree),row)

 Please report whether this really works.

 If you need only dragging from nodes of that ctree to nodes of the same ctree
(better called reordering) - then it's easily doable (look at testgtk.c).