Re: [gtk-list] Pausing the scrolling on a text widget

Ron Martin <rmartin@cps.cmich.edu> writes:

> How do I disable a text widget from scrolling to the end of the text
> automagically when new text is added to it?  It is a MUD client.  If I
> am scrolled back on the window to review some text and more text is
> added to the text widget, it scrolls all the way to the end.  This is
> not the effect I want.  Any ideas?

Uh... the GTK 1.4 text widget fixes this problem. ;-)

That doesn't help you now though, since you are stuck with GtkText in
all its sucky glory. Maybe you could save the position of the scroll
adjustment, insert the text, then set the adjustment back to its
earlier value?

Havoc