Re: [gtk-list] how to alter scrollbar thickness (width)?

"Rob Hodges" <s323140@student.uq.edu.au> writes:

> I have a question that may be dreadfully simple but I can't find the
> answer anywhere...
>
> With Motif there is the magic incantation:
>
> *XmScrollBar.width: 22
>
> when placed in .Xdefaults all your Motif scrollbars become 22px wide.
> Now, what is the equivalent incantation for a gtkrc?  Surely there is
> one?
>
> I'm aware that some of the pixmap themes have wider scrollbars but I
> don't have the horsepower to run those; I would just like to change
> the width of the native scrollbar widgets.  Can anyone help?

There is no official way, the themes are using a Gruesome Unauthorized
Hack (and it doesn't work quite right, since subsequently-applied
themes tend to retain the new scrollbar width).

GTK 1.4 _may_ solve this, since it will likely allow you to set widget
properties (object arguments) from the rc file. To be sure it gets
done you might want to file a wishlist bug on bugs.gnome.org.

Havoc