Re: [gtk-list] GTK for MacOS

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Arnaud Masson wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am working on a MacOS (classic & X) port of GTK.
> Is anyone interested ?

  Yes. I am interested.

> What should I do if I want to make an "official" port like the ports for
> Win32 and BeOS ?

  If you already have something, I will be please
 to test it.

  An interesting feature will be to have the
 gtkglarea widget also running on MacOS.

  With all that I will have a chance to have
 our data analysis environment (the OpenScientist
 project) running on MacOS.

  Note that I have developped an Open Inventor
 clone (it is a scene manager over OpenGL)
 (www.sofree.org). I have done the gtk+
 binding (the SoGtk package). Having
 gtk+, gtkglarea, SoFree, SoGtk running
 on MacOS will be totally great (all
 that run on NT using the gtk+, gtkglarea Win32 ports).

  Good luck anyway.

    Guy Barrand

PS: Today I have an iMac with MacOS-9
Guy Barrand                   e-mail: barrand@lal.in2p3.fr
LAL                           Tel: +33 (1) 64 46 84 17
Universite de Paris-Sud       Fax: +33 (1) 69 07 94 04
B.P 34
91898 ORSAY CEDEX France
CERN                          Tel:  41 22 76 78696 (B02-R013)