Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk_list / gtk_clist selection mode combination

Well, I'm not sure how you can morph those together, but
I do know that if you press down the shift, control, or
both of those buttons, it will change how things are selected
when doing clicking.

Martin Kestel wrote:
> I see I was not clear enough in my question:
>
> I am using GTK_SELECTION_EXTENDED right now. Adventage is you may pull down
> with the mouse then.
> The drawback of this is, that once you have selected a bunch of items and want
> to select another bunch, but with a gap between, the first set gets
> deselected.
>
> What I would like to have is, to allow going along the list, selecting
> bunches at will and keeping all of them until some button callback says what
> to do with the selection.
>
> This is sort of a meta combination of GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE with
> GTK_SELECTION_EXTENDED: pulling down the mouse over tens of items is much more
> convenient than being forced to click click click click tons of items
> separately. Also convenient would be to allow deselection of single items,
> which have been selected wrongly without losing all the earlier selection
> work.
>
> Will I have to set up sth like a routine watching the selection_changed,
> taking care for deselection == %2selection and colouring the selected items
> 'by hand', not at all using the built in features?

| Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy@cs.nmt.edu |
| Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493              |
| New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology       |
| Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy                |