Re: [gtk-list] scrolled image

alfio castorina <alfcastor@tin.it> writes:

> I have a scrolled window which displays an image inside a drawing area.
> The adjustment policy is set to automatic in both directions.
> When i load the image i set the size of the window equal to size of the
> image but this causes the
> scrollbars to appear and i'd like to avoid this.
> How do i resize the window in a way that the image exactly fits in the
> window?
>  Should i know the width of the scrollbars? Is this possible?

I think the solution will be clear once you specify more precisely the
user-visible behavior that you want to have.

If you always set the window size to the image size, scrollbars are
useless. So when do you want the scrollbars to appear?

Most likely though, the problem is just that you need to set the
window somewhat larger than the image.

Havoc