ANNOUNCE: Glade-Perl 0.54

Hi all,

I have just uploaded perl module Glade-Perl-0.54.tar.gz to CPAN

and it is already available on my websites.

Glade-Perl generates perl source code from a Glade file - Glade is Damon
Chaplin's beautiful Gtk+/Gnome UI builder.

Glade-Perl can display the UI as it is built and/or generate source code
and it can be called directly from Glade's 'Build' button. It can also
generate code to use libglade if you prefer.

Regards, Dermot

snipped from the Changelog:
Sun Apr 16 00:07:26 BST 2000 - Dermot Musgrove <>
  - Version 0.54
  - PerlUI->new_from_child_name() fixed to use gnome_app_docked_item() and
    not construct our own widgets and containers (Damon's ideas)
    Also now better handles notebooks as children of Gnome Dialogs
  - PerlGenerate->unused_elements() name now check_for_unused_elements()
  - PerlUI->new_signal() changed 'Missing signal handler' message to
    verbose level 4 so that verbose => 2 gives more compact diagnostics.
    Skeleton signal handlers are still generated in for you
    to copy somewhere and edit as before.
  - Makefile.PL fixed to use the correct module name (Glade-Perl)
  - PerlSource->write_LIBGLADE() fixed to produce working signal handlers.
  - PerlUIExtra->new_GtkPixmapMenuItem() changed to use the new bindings in
    Gtk-Perl (CVS 20000410) that actually construct a PixmapMenuItem
    instead of just a Gtk::MenuItem. Earlier versions of Gtk-Perl will now
    construct Gtk::MenuItem explicitly.