Re: OFFTopic: GPL/Gtk Question

>I did.  :)  Even worse, I read through a dated discussion on Slashdot.  I
>came out of both even more confused.  That's why I asked here. :)  I
>guess in the end it's up to Stallman, and I have a feeling that he would
>take the "con" position.

Well, that's why I put in the part about the library's authors -
ultimately, it isn't up to Stallman.  It would be up to (I think) Spencer
Kimball and Peter Mathis, the original authors of GTK+, plus whoever is
hacking on it now.  They wrote it, they can license it.  They have
licensed it under the LGPL, but if they want to tell you that you can or
can't do X with their code, that's up to them.

David
http://opop.nols.com/ Free Software Development
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und das
nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.