Re: [gtk-list] test program

Hi Mehdi,

> I am not sure is it right place to send this e-mail. please correct me if
> it is not.
>
> I am compiling glib-1.2.7 on HPUX 10.20.
>
> As you may know, There is no "thread" header file or libraries on HPUX
> version 10.20 (there are on HPUX version 11.00), because of that I am using
> "GNU's pthread" (pth-1.3.3).

GNU pthread is not and probably never will be supported by GLib, as it
requires to use some other for read, write, select, poll etc. Just don't
install it. Then of course it might not work at all for you, but see below.

> The program compiles ok, but it fails when i run the "testgthread" in
> "gthread" directory.

Don't worry about that. The thread-support in GLib 1.2. is not very good for
non-posix threads. But try the HEAD CVS version (which will become version 1.4
later this millenium) of GLib. See

  http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html

for instructions. (And don't have pth lying around) Then do

cd glib
./autogen.sh
make
make check

and tell us the results. IIRC we already had a succes on HP-UX 10.20, but I'm
not sure.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå