Re: Follow-up to: Signals and malloced memory

> > [dereks@localhost gtk]$ grep gtk_marshal_INT__POINTER_INT_INT *
> > [dereks@localhost gtk]$
> >
> > 	...is this the reason signal handlers return void?
>
> Nope, you could just write more marshallers.

	Okay, I'll do that.

	Is there any preferred/established ordering on the arguments
types?  After all, it doesn't make sense to have

gtk_marshal_INT__POINTER_INT_INT   ...and...
gtk_marshal_INT__INT_INT_POINTER   ...and...
gtk_marshal_INT__INT_POINTER_INT

	...so which is the preferred way?

	Also, is there any preferred/established method of integrating
those marshallers into my codebase?  ...meaning, it would be a real pain
in the butt to add them to my local copy of gtkmarshal.h and then have to
maintain that separately and re-compile GTK+, etc., so I'd rather just
have something like

gtkmarshal-extensions.h
gtkmarshal-extensions.c

	...and include those into my build process, and if (big if :) my
widget ever makes it into standard Gtk+ I would re-add those to
gtkmarshal.[c|h] at that time.  Or is there some other method people use?

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@kd-dev.com