viewport

Hi.

I need an advice on using, or may be not using GtkViewport.

In general, I want just a part of a widget to be seen and I want this part
to be controlled with two adjustments. I.e. everything like GtkScrolledWindow
does, but _no_ scrollbars. Of course one can try to hide ScrolledWindow's
scrollbars, but since API of GtkScrolledWindow has not such functions this
is not legal.

So the question is: what to do to attain the wanted effect?

GtkViewport seems to be a possible way, but there are at least obstacles:
1. simple approach(*) does not work
2. I've searched archieves and found out some people writing that GtkViewport
is _only_ for use in GtkScrolledWindow.

(*) "simple" means that I've put a drawing area into a viewport created with
two reasonable adjstments and when I run a compiled program I've seen the
_whole_ drawing area, not a part of it.

Thanks,
--
Alexander Kotelnikov