GtkPerl, Gnome and libglade

Here is a strange one.

I'm using a version of GtkPerl that I checked out of cvs today, compiled
- -with-gnome --with-gnome-panel --with-glade and --with-gdkimlib. I'm using
Glade 0.5.3 and libglade 0.7.

> gtk-config --version
1.2.5
> gnome-config --version
gnome-libs 1.0.50
> imlib-config --version
1.9.4

I can create .glade files with standard Gtk widgets to my heart's content that
work with GtkPerl (using Gtk::GladeXML). This is really cool.

I can even use some Gnome widgets. Specifically, I have no problem using the
dial, the appbar and the clock. However, if I try to use any gnome widget with
a pixmap, including stock buttons, I get the error:

> glade_gui.pl test.glade window1
IMLIB ERROR: Cannot allocate XImage buffer
Thu Sep 30 16:20:44 1999 Gdk-LOG **: file gdkwindow.c: line 1401
(gdk_window_get_visual): assertion `window != NULL' failed. at ./glade_gui.pl
line 12.

glade_gui.pl:

- ----------

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Gtk;
use Gnome;
use Gtk::GladeXML;
use Data::Dumper;

init Gtk;
init Gnome "glade_gui.pl";
init Gtk::GladeXML;

$g = new Gtk::GladeXML($ARGV[0], $ARGV[1]);
print "Opening window:\n";
$g->signal_autoconnect_from_package('main');
#$w = $g->get_widget($ARGV[1]);

#print STDERR "Name: ", $w->get_name(), "\n";

- -----------

This also happens with the About widget, with or without a logo.

When I use the libglade test program on the same .glade file, it displays
fine.

When I run the GtkPerl Gnome sample for any of the widgets in question, they
work fine.

I have no problems displaying any other types of pixmaps, if I use
Gtk::Pixmap. It's just the gnome widgets that have pixmaps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
BrYan

End of forwarda01137 Digest