Re: [gtk-list] Re: find_row_from_data issue in Perl::Gtk

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 07:18:47AM -0500, CountZero wrote:
> But anyway, I guess my question is, shouldn't find_row_by_data() derefernce the reference and
> compare the actual data, instead of just comparing references?

How do you know how toc ompare two types of data?  CLists can contain more
than just plain text, so you can do a string comparison in teh general case.
That's where gtk_clist_set_)comparefunc comes in... it appears to set the
comparison function that is used (I'm guessing from the RDP pages, since no
description is yet there, but it would make sense).

James, typing over a painfully slow link...