Re: [gtk-list] Re: Re

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 dkampman@xs4all.nl wrote:
> >
> > I find no explanation in the docs. Someone understands what is
> > happening?
> >

> You can only access GTK from the parent process, and you need to use
> _exit() rather than exit() to leave the child.
>
> Havoc

This has been confusing me for a while. I understand the child's use of
_exit() after the fork call, and that you shouldn't access GTK from the
child. But what about exec()ing another GTK program, or the same program
for that matter, from the child?

Since you are overlaying the new programs memory on top of the old, and
starting execution from the beginning, I thought this would be safe. Am
I wrong or right here?

--
Email: <troth@netmagic.net>  Web site: <http://www.netmagic.net/~troth>
"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies."