GTK+ Prelight problems

 Sometimes it is required to forbid widget redraw on enter_notify event.
For example take a look at Notif or Redmond95 themes. When mouse cursor
enters button or check button or some other widget, it should remain
unredrawed.
I mean PRELIGHT style shouldn't be applied to the widget.
Instead of solving this problem, ugly hack is used by programmers:
GtkStyle[PRELIGHT] is set the same as GtkStyle[NORMAL]
This hack is used in some GTK themes, GNOME Pager applet,GNOME main menu
(for menu headers)
Redrawing widget using the same style causes flicker on my S3 TRIO 64V+

I think that something like a FORBID_PRELIGHT flag should be added to
GtkWidget structure, and widget drawing routines should be modified to
use this flag.

P.S. I can try to implement this change if GTK+ Team will support this
idea

Tavs bezmaksas pasts - http://www.inbox.lv