Re: [gtk-list] Re: removing widgets, changing the layout. UNPACK?

On 22 Sep, Owen Taylor wrote:
>> Is possible to remove a widget after I have used it?
>>

>> I am writting a app that I want to change its layout during runtime.
>> I don't want to delete it.  Just to remove from the MAIN WINDOW
>> depending on the mode used by the user.
>
> gtk_container_remove() can be used to remove a child from
> a container. But the easiest way of getting rid of a
> child is just to call gtk_widget_destroy() on it.

It worked.  But I couldn't pack it right after.

Let me explain.  My Apps layout is something like this:

window
|-Vbox
   |-Menubar
   |-Toolbar
   |-Hpane
      |-Handlebox
      |   |-Hbox
      |      |-ScrollWindow
      |           |-TREE
      |               |-TREEITEMS & subtrees ...
      |-VPane
         |-Other stuff...

This is the normal layout mode.

But the user has a option to change the layout.
So it does:

	Remove the HANDLEBOX from HBOX
	Remove the HPANE from the VBOX
	PACK the HANDLEBOX in the VBOX

It appears to be all right, but the SUBTREEs disapears.
Just my ROOT_TREE_ITEM shows there.

Do I need any other step for doing something like this?

Thanks for any suggestions/comment.

Raul Dias