Re: [gtk-list] Re: Another Perl/Gtk 0.6123 question

Paolo Molaro wrote:

> Ok, got it.
> The problem is that allow_grow is not a method, per se, but an attribute
> of Gtk::Window. We try to be smart and create settors/accessors at
> runtime if you call something like $object->arg_name() or
> $object->arg_name($value), but this only works if $object is of the
> same type the arg_name belongs to.
> I din't catch this earlier because in the tests I called first
> $window->allow_grow() and then $dialog->allow_grow() and this works
> correctly.
> Until the next release, as a workaround in the generated code you can use
> $dialog->set('allow_grow', 1);
Thanks for the quick response. Does this work for any attribute of any
widget? I guess that I shouldn't be using set() regularly but I might be
able to investigate more and give you better information in the future - not
that there are likely to be any more bugs of course :-).

> Thanks for your bug reports.
It is a pleasure when you deal with them so quickly and efficiently.

Regards, Dermot