Re: [gtk-list] Single click and double click with same button?*repost*

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Kemal 'disq' Hadimli wrote:
>  Is it possible to distinguish double clicks from single clicks on the
> same button? how do i do that? (currently GDK_BUTTON_PRESS catchs my
> double clicks too. yes I'm using GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS too)

Check my book on this,, chapter on
GDK, section on button press events.

Basically if you get a double click you will get a single click first; the
computer can't read your mind and decide whether another click is coming
or not. :-) You could let a timeout expire before accepting a single
click, but then the GUI would feel really sluggish.