Re: GtkWidget is segfaulting

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Andreas Leitner <leitner@eiffel.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I came across a strange segfault in a program that uses a GtkText
> > widget. I was able to reproduce the bug in a very small application. But
> > I was not able to track the bug down to it's roots completely. I
> > included the source code as an attachment to this mail.
> >
> > To reproduce the bug, compile the source code, start ./text and click
> > with any mouse button into the client area of the GtkText widget.
> >
> > What it does: The trick with the mouseclick is just to assure the widget
> > has the focus. In the mouse button click signal handler it basically
> > does the following:
>
> I fixed some bugs with inserting text recently. I can't reproduce
> this bug here so hopefully this was one of these bugs. If this
> bug still occurs with 1.2.5 (due out shortly) please let
> us know.

This is good news. I hope that will fix it. Btw: I got another segfault
with removetext (AFAIR or was it gtk_text_set_point, don't remember) in
the scope of a freeze/that. It looks like this is a more general
problem. Anyway if I still get problems with 1.2.5 I sure will let you
know.

thanks for the great work,
Andreas