Win32 port - suppressing the parent terminal window on startup.

  Whenever I start a gtk program (that I compiled), a black terminal
window always pops up behind the gtk program window for the entire time
it is running.

  What's the trick to suppressing this "parent" terminal window so your
gtk program stands free and alone, and looks neat?

  John