Re: [gtk-list] A small patch for GTK+ 1.3.0 CVS and AIX 4.3

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999 Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

> Two minor nits addressed by the attached patch:
>
> 1) The IBM 'xlc' family of compilers doesn't like a trailing comma
> after the last member of an 'enum'.  This patch should be OK for other
> compilers.
>
> 2) AIX 4.3.2 (and probably other releases as well) have XSetIMValues(),
> but somebody at IBM forgot to include a prototype for that routine (I've
> filed a bug report against that already).  As a result, the compiler assigns
> the default return type of 'int', which requires casting via (char *).
> I've #ifdef'ed this with _AIX, but am unsure what you want to do for a
> permanent fix - IBM will eventually ship a fixed header file, which won't
> require a cast, but the cast shouldn't cause problems on other systems,
> since NULL should be a 'void *' anyhow (I cast XSetIMValues() to 'char *'
> because that's what it seemed to actually return according tot he manpage).

1) has been fixed in the 1.2.x branch
2) we can probably add that cast, though it should go into 1.2.x then

1.3.0 is not yet officially supported, and we won't take patches
untill it has been merged with the 1.2.x branch. basically, you shouldn't
run it and just use 1.2.x instead.

> Given those 2 patches, the latest CVS (well, Thursday-ish) builds clean on AIX.
> I still need to resolve some Imlib and ORBit issues before I can do any
> real testing...

---
ciaoTJ