RE: [gtk-list] Re: GTK static libs for win32.

> Sean Cody wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have a makefile or the binaries for a static (aka
> no dll's)build
> > of gtk for win32 under cygwin?
> >
> > I've been trying to create one myself but getting snags
> (pthreads/gthreads
> > not compiling)...
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sean
> I would be interested in some hints too :-/
> I am using GTK on (NATIVE)WIN32 with VC++ 6.0, and trying to use the
> VC++
> projectfiles not the "normal" makefiles. But it allways seems to turn
> out to be DLL's
> and i have found nuthing to force a static link.

I've was trying the same thing recently ... creating some VC project files
from scratch to build static libs instead of .dlls was no problem.
Everything compiled nicely, my application linked, and ran, but there were
several examples of "quirky" behavior going on ... for example, none of the
Gtk cursors would load.  As it turns out, the libraries rely on having an
HINSTANCE in order to access their resources.  I'm sure you could come up
with a hack to enable the libraries to access the executable's HINSTANCE ...
I didn't bother.

Regards,
Tim