Re: [gtk-list] Re: Placing a GdkBitmap into a GtkPixmap widget

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999 lightmanaj@earthlink.net wrote:

> Hi Havoc,
>
> >  - Draw the foreground you want in a big rectangle, set the bitmap
> >    as a clip mask, then draw your background (the background won't
> >    obscure the foreground in the clip area).
>
> This one knocks me on the head and makes me think,
> "DUHHHHHH!". I'll use this solution.

Except that in my traditional never-get-it-right-the-first-time way,
I think I screwed it up - the off-bits are clipped, so just set the bitmap
as clip mask and draw in the foreground color.

Well, it will be obvious soon enough which one is correct. ;-)

Havoc