Combo signal problem

Hi,

I'm using a combo-list where I call a function every time the selection
is changed. I use the "selection-changed" signal to do this, and this
works mostly fine, except that when I select an entry the signal-handler
is called 4 times.

Since my signal handler connects to a MySQL database to fetch information
this is wasting resources.

Is there a practical way to avoid the 3 extra calls, or do I have to put
in a  check to see whether the signal was just done with the same data?

Regards,
Frank Ronny Larsen,
Tromsų, Norway