Re: [gtk-list] destroying containers

Adrian Feiguin wrote:

> I'd like to destroy a container widget (like a window) but keep in memory
> all the childs. I tried the approach using gtk_widget_ref before
> destroying, but I can't map the child back to the screen.
>  This is how the program works: I click on a button and I open a window
> with a clist in it. If I close the window or iconize it, I destroy it (I
> catch the "unmap" signal). Clicking again on the button I create a new
> window and i would like to show the clist back in it : I use
> gtk_container_add, gtk_widget_show, and I get a lot of
> warnings (no gdk_window, no style, etc, etc) and it doesn't display or seg
> faults.
>  I repeat: I'm using gtk_widget_ref(child) before destroying the
> container. It doesn't work for me, what's the right way?
>  Any hints?
> Thanks!
> <ADRIAN>

	I think you want to "hide" the container widget, and show it later...
If this is what you want, try gtk_widget_hide(GTK_WIDGET(the_widget)).
If I'm wrong, I cannot help you... sorry.

--
 ( )-   Hugues Pisapia                                         -( )
 /~\             Hugues.Pisapia@enst.fr                         /~\