Re: callback on "destroy" signal

Try (in main()) :
  gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(window), "destroy",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_main_quit), NULL);
<<
  Thanks but I tried that and it only works on the toplevel window and
not on children.
I need to catch this signal just on a particular child, who may
dissappear while the main program is still running...

  The frustrating thing is that catching the destroy signal on a child
widget must be a very common technique, but I've never seen example code.

  Does anyone ever use gtk_widget_set_user_data?  How does one know when
the widget is dead so to free the data?

   John

  John