Re: [gtk-list] How to install xgettext?

Ruibo Cai wrote:

>         I need to install Orbit before installation of enome-lib package.The
> configuration of ORBit is OK, but when I make it, following message was
> printed out:
>         xgettext : illegal option -- -
>         xgettext : illegal option -- -
>         xgettext : illegal option -- -
>         xgettext : illegal option -- k
>         xgettext : illegal option -- e
>         xgettext : illegal option -- -y
>         .
>         .
>         .
>         Usage: xgettext [-a [-x ........
>
>         What is wrong?
The wrong "xgettext" is used.
There is a GNU one and one which, e.g., is delivered with Solaris
and perhaps other System VR4 systems.
The reason can be:

The configuration of ORBit is either not checking that the xgettext
it requires is present (it expects the GNU one and NOT the Solaris/SVR4
one)
or it finds the GNU one but make is calling the non-GNU one.

Solution:
	Install GNU xgettext (source gettext-x.x.tar.gz x.x: version number)
	or reorder your PATH if you already have it installed
	but the non-GNU xgettext is in a directory which is scanned
	first by your shell.

HTH,

Norbert.

P.S. Is it possible to compile GNOME without ORBit ?

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG