Window / Widget Positioning...

Title: Window / Widget Positioning...

Ok, I'm relatively new to linux (even newer to GTK) and I'm currently writing my 1st linux app.

My entire gui is working nicely the, app runs perfectly etc but when I gave it to a good friend of mine to "break"
he complained about the long loading time (doing quite a bit during initialization) so i added a "Please wait, loading..."

window in the beginning.

My problem:
        The loading window is put randomly on the screen, Setting the size of course was no problem, but how do I
        go about positioning the window exactly in the middle of the screen ( eg gimp's initial "loading" window )

any help on this would be greatly appreciated,
thanks.