Gtk programming style/advice

Is anyone aware of a GTK+ programming style guide? In particular, I
would welcome any advice on the following problem.

I've built a GUI from GTK widgets, but need to connect a signal to a
widget that effects the contents of a different widget (specifically,
clicking on a button to change the pixmap contained within a certain
node/columne of a GtkCTtree).

To try and make every widget accessible to every other widget, I've
tried building a structure of widgets that is passed to the functions
but this hasn't been too successful and am having problems (I think)
because I'm making one part of the structure a container for other
widgets in the structure.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

--
Andy Connor
Research Associate, Cambridge Engineering Design Centre