background pixmaps

Hi,

Can I add some background pixmaps to a progress bar ?
Or to a scale widget ?

I want to make a front-end for lm-sensors that reads the voltages,
temperatures and fan's speed from my motherboard. The MSWin$$ program
that came with the MB is having such controls. They would be nice in
order to show the valid range. Something like

----XXXXXXX----
        ^

In the above, the X should represent the valid range (with blue color),
the "-" the invalid one (with red). The "v" and "^" are for the slider.

For the progress bar I was thinking of something like:

where "|" shows the progress and X and - as above.

I should be able to dynamicaly change the background pixmaps if needed.

TIA,

Ionutz

PS: in the present i represent only the XXXXXX part of the values. This
is ok almost all the time, as the values should be in the range in a
normal operation. However, if the value goes out of range, I don't have
any way to show "how far is it from the range" !
--
Mental backup in progress - Do Not Disturb!