Request for comment

I have a fellow programmer here who needs a question answered. He
wants to draw a large image, and then have a progress bar displayed
inside of that image. His initial thought was some sort of
GtkDrawingArea with a GdkImage drawn to it on expose, adn then somehow
overlay a GtkProgressBar on it. I didn't think this was in any way
possible as a GtkDrawingArea is not a container, etc.

It may be possible to just draw your own progress bar in the image
using gdk_draw_* calls, I thought, but then I wasn't sure ;). What
about setting the background pixmap image for a large widget that
contains a progress bar?

Thoughs, etc., appreciated.

m.

--
Programmer                         "I wrote a song about dental floss,
Loki Entertainment Software         but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?"