Glade / adjustments and hscale callbacks

Hello,

With Glade I am trying to have multiple hscales connected to a single
adjustment (just as is done in the GTK rangewidgets.c example).
This way, when one hscale is changed, other hscales are also
changed.  However, in Glade, a hscale widget is created by:

  hscale = gtk_hscale_new (GTK_ADJUSTMENT (gtk_adjustment_new (10, 0,
                        100, 0, 0, 0)));
Here the adjustment which is connected to the hscale is newly created.
There is no option within Glade to create a new adjustment, and there is
no option to create a new hscale and connect it to a particular
adjustment.

Is there any way, after an hscale is created in this way, to connect the
hscale to my own adjustment?

Also, I would like to connect the "changed" signal to the hscale created
in Glade.  Is this possible?  I don't have this option with my version of
Glade.

Thanks,

Dean