Problems manipulating GdkImage objects

Hi, I am making a program for image manipulation, and
I need to manipulate the image data. I know the functions
"gdk_image_set_pixel" and "gdk_image_get_pixel", but
I can get the real range of the image. I need the three RGB
components of each pixel, but I don“t know how I can do it.
I suppouse that if the images is grey scale and a pixel has the
values of 250, the RGB components will be (250,250,250). Isn't it?
But if a read a 250 value a get 65535. A little sample code will
be fine or simply the steps.

Thanks.

E.T.S.I. INFORMATICA                             Linux Booting ....

    Software is like sex, the best is free."   --Linux Torvalds

Nuevo E-mail: x2042949@fedro.ugr.es
Nueva Web: ****