memory profiling and gtk_init()

Hi.

I'm working on gPhoto (which uses GTK) and have tried a couple of times to
memory leak detection with various programs. My problem is that I'm getting
a lot of valid GTK stuff from gtk_init() reported because it isn't deallo-
cated before program exit.

My question is: Is there a "counterweight" to gtk_init() that destroys the
data allocated by gtk_init()?

I've tried to RTFM and RTFFAQ but without seeing the problem mentioned.

Thanks in advance,
        Rasmus(rasmus@diku.dk)

     "One Code to rule them all, one Code to bind them
       In the land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."
      - Joe Thompson in ASR, with apologies to Tolkien