Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk look and feel

leon@udmnet.ru wrote:

> Kent Schumacher wrote:
> >
> > The point about a sub-menu disappearing unless you follow an
> > exact path with your mouse needs to be addressed.  I don't think
> > this is a matter of taste.  I would assume any user would naturally
> > feel that they could move the mouse pointer directly to a sub-menu
> > item.
> >

> Sorry for long delay. This discussion seems closed, so the final
> word: as far as I remember, Mac from it's early days had two modes
> of menu popupping: it can pop up when you move mouse over submenu item
> in a menu and it can pop up when you click expicitly on a submenu item.
> In the latter case, submenu won't disappear until you click something
> else, notwithstanding where  your mouse is. I personally prefer the
> second style. It would be good to have them both, and have them
> themable.

I don't remember what the Macs at school were like, but I found a
website that says a lots of interesting things about interfaces. It
would be good if the menus had hysteresis
http://www.MacKiDo.com/Interface/hysteresis.html although I also prefer
to click on them. IMHO option would go better in the control center, but
it would be nice if you could let the theme choose.

--
Ivan Jager