Re: option menu truncation

>I don't know if this would cause no text at all to appear. If you don't
>call gtk_option_menu_set_history() on a new option menu, it won't display
>any text until the user selects an item. This might be why no text shows
>at all in your case.

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried it out, recompiled, and had the same
problem still.  I've also tried using the set_active() calls within the
gtk_menu heirarchy to see if I could get it to display text.  When the
option menu is truncated, it's also truncated after you've selected
something.

Maybe this is a "misfeature".  :)  I've looked through
/usr/include/gtk/gtkoptionmenu.h for anything even somewhat relevant and
there doesn't appear to be much.

Thanks for the suggestion though...if I figure it out I'll post back and
let you know how I did it.

David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/ Free Software Development
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und das
nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.