Re: [gtk-list] controlling window depth on the desktop

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, John C Atkeson wrote:
>   When a user clicks on any window, I'd like them all to come un-buried
> in unison if they are covered by other programs on the same desktop.
>
>   What command(s) should I be looking for?  I've been looking in the docs
> but haven't found anything yet...

To raise a single window, use

if (GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED(gtkwindow))
 gdk_window_raise(gtkwindow->window)

however to get a group to raise in a reasonable way, you need to set the
transient hints (gtk_window_set_transient_for() or
gnome_dialog_set_parent()) and hope your window manager isn't sucky. Many
window managers will raise the whole group if you tell them about the
group using the transient hint.

Havoc