Re: [gtk-list] Re: Problems with XmHTML and PERL-GTK 0.6123

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 01:21:05PM -0200, Raul Dias wrote:
> I said:
> > Right now you can use the HTML widget only for display purposes:
> > it's not hard to add support for the callbackis if someone has the time
> > to go through the XmHTML code and document the mapping between the
> > reason field in the callback and the callback structure that's passed
> > in. Maybe I'll make the simple cases work sometime soon.

Well, I did it: you can almost build a proper web browser now with
perl/gtk and GtkXmHTML: check the sample code in Gnome/samples/html.pl
(we are talking about the gnome-perl cvs module here).

> What about gtkhtml?
[...]
> I guess it would render better and give more options to work with.
>
> I am not sure how usable it is right now, but it should be a good bet.

It took me ten minutes to wrap it with perl/gtk this morning:
I'll port the sample program and commit the stuff to the cvs
server in a couple of days.

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules