Re: [gtk-list] Play find the memory leak! (Gtk--)

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, David Brown wrote:
> 1) Major -- huge memory leak here somewhere, and I can't figure out
> where it is.

Have you tried memprof? That may help. Look at
http://people.redhat.com/~otaylor/

Of course, if you are leaking pixmaps then that's on the server side and
memprof won't find it. Though it will notice if you leak the GdkPixmap
client-side handle.

> 2) Minor -- I get the following message when the Update() method is
> called on the PicView object:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkscrolledwindow.c: line 951
> (gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport): assertion 'child->parent ==
> NULL' failed.

This simply means you're adding the same child to a parent twice, without
removing it from the first parent.

Havoc