Job Offered, NYC Suburbs(NJ) Developer C/GTK+/Graphics/Image Processing

Software Engineer - Image Processing/Graphics

C/C++, Linux/GTK+, Image Processing, Graphics, and Web Server Admin

A great opportunity for a recent CS graduate with an interest in
graphics and image processing to work closely with a highly experienced
senior software engineer developing leading edge products for the film
and television industry.  This is not a job for a big company person.
This is a small, intimate, and entrepreneurial consulting firm
specializing in image processing and computer graphics.  You will have
an opportunity to learn how advanced imaging products are designed and
developed.  We design software-based special effects systems for
professional film and television production equipment vendors.  In-house
development environments include Linux, Solaris, IRIX, and NT running on
Intel, Sun Sparc, and SGI platforms.  You will be involved in new
product development under Linux using GTK+ on Intel platforms.  We also
develop and maintain web sites for the products we develop and there are
some Linux webserver admin responsibilities.  You should be familiar
with digital image processing and computer graphics fundamentals, be
able to write C in your sleep, and be a competent Unix (particularly
Linux) sysadmin.  Knowledge of machine vision algorithms a plus and an
interest in Linux Beowulf-class machines might prove useful.  If you
like messing with pictures this is for you.  Nonconformists welcome.
New Jersey suburbs 35 miles from Penn Station.  Easy reverse commute
from NYC via bus or train.  Send resume and salary requirements to
work@race-cars.com