Re: [gtk-list] About create a new signal for existing Widget

> Hi, All,
>             Is there a way to create a new signal for a existing Widget?
>
>             Such as:  If I want to define a new signal, which is not an
> existing signal (defined in GTK) for a GtkWindow, and put call back
> function for that.
>              Is there a way to do that?

    The rdp says :

"Signals are used by everyone, but they are only created on a per
class basis-- so you should call call gtk_signal_new() unless you
are writing a new GtkObject type. However, if you want to make
a new signal for an existing type, you may use
gtk_object_class_user_signal_new() to create a signal that
doesn't correspond to a class's builtin methods. "

    You'll have to provide your own code in order to emit the signal
    when you want (jus do something like :

    gtk_signal_emit(
                            my_gtk_object_p, /* object to which the signal
apply */
                            my_new_signal_id, /* got it when you created the
signal */
                            ... /* any other relevant parameters */
                            );

    Hope it helps,