Re: [gtk-list] Re: getting inside gtk_main()

>Tim Janik has this working, it will be in the next glib. All you have to
>do is read the glib documentation on the glib main loop (wrapped by GTK) -
>you can add arbitrary event sources. You can cut-and-paste Tim's stuff
>(sorry, I forgot its location) or write your own event source based on the
>signal stuff.

but isn't a event source based on using select/poll ?

sure, i have this working for now by sticking a pipe in place, and
writing a byte to the pipe from the POSIX signal handler. i don't want
to do it that way: its way to heavyweight. i want an "event source"
that is literally just a flag variable that can be set directly from a
POSIX signal handler. is this what Tim has done ?

--p