Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: Tracking down clobbered pointers and mysteriouscrashes

>You can get bound checking with a special memory allocator (at the price
>of slower excecution). Only problem is that AFAIK there are only C memory
>allocators (dmalloc, efence). I have heard rumours about a bound checking
>version of gcc, but I can't remember where (maybe egcs or BugTraq).

dmalloc supports C++ as well. I use it often. When told to check the
fence posts after every malloc-related function call, its a very
powerful system. Running like this, however, is very, very much slower
than something that rewrites the object code to achieve similar goals.

--p