Re: [gtk-list] Re: Trouble compiling examples under GTK+ 1.2.2

> That's indeed the problem. You can install both *libraries*, but you can
> only install one set of header files and one gtk-config. (Unless you do
> some tricky stuff with installing to different prefixes.)
>
> If you're using rpm's, only install one -devel package. If you're using
> tarballs, remove gtk-config and /usr/include/gtk and /usr/include/gdk and
> /usr/include/glib.h and /usr/lib/glib/include and then reinstall 1.2.
> This is assuming 1.0 is under /usr. There may be other stuff to remove
> that I forgot.
>
> Havoc

Thanks for the reply. I never found out what the problem was but I
uninstalled 1.2.2 and got 1.2.3, compiled and installed it and now things
work just fine. BTW, I had to tweek some preprocessor statements on 1.2.2
to get it to compile cleanly, maybe that was the problem? 1.2.3 compiled
just fine.

Thanks, Matthew