Announce: Release of Scintilla 1.0 and SciTE 1.0

Scintilla is a free source code editing component for Win32
and GTK+. As well as features found in standard text
editing components, Scintilla includes features especially
useful when editing and debugging source code. These
include support for syntax styling, error indicators, code
completion and call tips.

SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. The name of the
editor application has changed from "Tide" to "SciTE" to
avoid confusion with a TCL based IDE.

Scintilla and SciTE are no longer beta - this means that I
think they are fairly stable and are unlikely to crash under
normal use. There will certainly still be bugs in there so
watch out for them and please send me mail if you see
one. The GTK+/Linux version now contains approximately
equivalent functionality to the Windows version and is
now faster than the beta releases.

Web site: http://hare.net.au/~neilh/Scintilla.html

Scintilla and SciTE come with complete C++ source code.
The license for using Scintilla and SciTE is similar to that
of Python containing very few restrictions, and allowing
use in any free project or commercial product.

Neil Hodgson neilh@hare.net.au