gtk-engines themes dump core

Hi,

I've received RH6.0, installed it and for the first time in months
had a consistent set of libraries and versions where everything
works ... of course when seeing the possibilities, I got bold
and started playing with themes only to find a problem: when I run
it with gtk themes that are based on gtk-engines (pixmap, redmond95,
stone, etc) it segfaults at start; with gtk themes that are not gtk-engines
(such as steelgradient), it works fine.

Doing a backtrace, gdb points me at an innocent place in my own code
which works as soon as I switch back to another (working) theme.

I'm using RH6.0, gtk+ 1.2.3, Gtk-- 1.0.0 ...

Does anybody have any suggestions?
-->Robert