Re: [gtk-list] Re: clip origin, and **clip mask origion** ??

>Your answer of window_shaped_mask doesn't seem to work for me because I'm
>just copying and drawing ... in this case to a 900x900 pixmap.

well, i thought so to, until i ended up with a set of pixmaps that
were not all the same shape. i tried calling
gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask, every time i redrew the pixmap into the
window, and it worked like a charm. from what xosview could tell me,
the load was undetectable. i use this for "mixer sliders" that are
superimposed over the background. there are 32-64 images that i
shuffle through as the slider bar moves up and down, and each time it
is redrawn, i reshape the window.

so i think this could work.

>If I could even figure out how to copy out of the bitmap to a pixmap my
>75x75 square I could then use the gdk_draw_pixmap using the new pixmap to
>create the mask I need and could then use with the origional copy.

i am similarly frustrated that the conversion between pixmaps and
bitmaps is hard to accomplish. but i found ways to work around this
that seem to serve me well.

>I've converted from single xpm files to the method of useing only one xpm
>for many reasons ... and I expect there has to be a simple method to this
>problem as I'm sure many people have tried... including you.

what were the reasons ? it may be that i want to switch back to just
one XPM file if they are good enough ? then i'll really be on your
side:)

--p