Re: [gtk-list] Re: Shaped Pixmaps

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> > style = gtk_widget_get_default_style();
> > pdata = gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm(draw->window, &mask,
> >&style->bg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL], xpm_file);
> >
> >    gdk_window_shape_combine_mask(pdata, mask, 0, 0);
>
> Sorry, I wasn't very clear about this; actually, I was misleading
> although the code wasn't. You want:
>
>     gdk_window_shape_combine_mask(draw->window, mask, 0, 0);
>
> If you look at the code I sent, the shaped window is the window in
> which the pixmap will be drawn. You have to basically shape the window,
> then draw the pixmap, not shape the pixmap (the mask sort of takes
> care of this already).
>
> Its possible to shape some other window, too. My code has the
> provision to set the window that should be shaped, in case the pixmap
> is added to a widget that doesn't have its own window.

> --p

My first problem is to speak english too bad . I can't express myself like I
want... :))

Imagine a puzzle with 500 or 600 pieces. Each piece is a pixmap. And each pixmap
needs to be shaped.
The problem is how to manage all the pieces without a container for each.

Like you, Paul, I don't want to use Gnome at his stage of development, perhaps
in a future ....

Thanks to everybody,

        - José Miguel