Re: [gtk-list] Hash functions and memory?

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 11:13:54PM -0400, Ales Hvezda wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 	This should be an easy question (I hope).
>
> 	I've been playing with the hash routines in glib and before
> 	I actually start using them I want to make sure that they
> 	work as advertised and don't have memory leaks.

This was up a couple of month ago. Basicly, glib aloc internal memory
that is used for internal purpose. It do reuse that memory intrenal
but do not release (all of) it to the system.

That makes it hard to verify if You have memoryleaks. But it is
possably to (thru compile time options) get status reports from
glib. From thes reports You can calculate hov much leak You
shuld expect an compare that to what ccmalloc reports.

I'm not sure hove vell this works or exactly hove to do it. It
seems to be a common problem so it more or less is worth an
howto document or equal. I do not know of any docs on the
subject, sorry.

( To check if glib do it right, simplest way is proubably to
  read the source ;-)

HTH (some) /Lars