Re: [gtk-list] (about install gtk)

On Thu, 06 May 1999 10:37:56 -0500 (MEX), ricardo@woody.super.unam.mx (Ricardo Saul Rugerio Gutierrez) wrote:
> I am attempting to install gtk+-1.2.2 on a IRIX 6.2 based system but
> before I have to install glib-1.2.2 ....
>
>      when I type: make  from dir glib-1.2.2
>
> and I get the following output:
>
> make   all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/libre/gtk/glib-1.2.2'
> Making all in .
> make[2]: Entering directory `/libre/gtk/glib-1.2.2'
> /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile CC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.
> -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g
> _log_domain_glib     -O +Onolimit -Ae  -c garray.c
> rm -f .libs/garray.lo
> CC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib -O
> +Onolimit -Ae
>  -c  -DPIC garray.c
> CC: Error: malformed or unknown option: +Onolimit
> make[2]: *** [garray.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/libre/gtk/glib-1.2.2'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/libre/gtk/glib-1.2.2'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 1
>
>      I don`t what is wrong !!

You're trying to use the SGI MipsPRO C++ compiler to compile glib, which
is only C source. Or your IRIX system is completely broken in which case
you'd better reinstall it from scratch, or (more likely) you have been
messing with environment variables. The configure script looks at the CC,
CFLAGS, LD, and LDFLAGS environment variables when figuring out which
compiler to use.

Now if you want to use the native SGI MipsPRO C compiler generating o32
libraries, try:

  setenv CC cc
  unsetenv CFLAGS
  unsetenv LD
  unsetenv LDFLAGS
  ./configure [your configure flags here]

For the SGI MipsPRO C compiler generating n32 targets, try:

  setenv CC "cc -n32"
  unsetenv CFLAGS
  unsetenv LD
  unsetenv LDFLAGS
  ./configure [your configure flags here]

For gcc 2.8.1 generating n32 targets, try:

  unsetenv CC
  unsetenv CFLAGS
  unsetenv LD
  unsetenv LDFLAGS
  ./configure [your configure flags here]

Oh, and use GNU make instead of SGI make, but I think you already do.

>      help me please...
>
>      I did check GTK+FAQ and I didn`t find nothing!! or where I can
>      find more information about troubleshoting.

The autoconf documentation.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl